Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Comics

Sure, I could tell you about getting my prescription for glasses, or the frames I looked at, or what I did this weekend, or the comic books I bought. But I'm feeling lazy.


Okay, I'll talk about the comics I bought. I bought Fables #45, it was underwhelming. The politics of Fabletown; how whimsically crappy.
I picked up the latest Runaways, but since I only read the TPBs, I was lost.

I picked up Generation M #1 and #2. I love little peripheral stories like these that fill out a universe. It reminded me of why I loved the X-Universe stuff. Viewing a cross-section of society and the 'mutant' issue from different viewpoints (social, medical, political, etc.), always interested me. That's why I like science fiction I suppose. I was a little let down by the fact that this series is just going to be a murder mystery, but it could pan out well.

I also like the fact that the first two covers have members of Generation X as a reference to the similarly named comic. Chamber's fate is sad but realistic. Hell, it's optimistic. It was nice to see Jubilee working at a mutant civil rights non-profit. Even if she doesn't have powers, she's still down with the cause.

gen m #1 gen m #2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home